Spring 2018 Virtual Seminar Series: Practitioners Communicating Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Download a flyer.
- Download Recording of the virtual seminar 3 on 12 June 2018
- Download Recording of the virtual seminar 2 on 15 May 2018
- Download Recording of the virtual seminar 1 on 17 April 2018
- Download Recording of Collaborative Charrette on 20 March 2018
- Download Recording of Community Forum 3 on 27 February 2018
- Download Recording of Community Forum 2 on 13 February 2018
- Download Recording of Community Forum 1 on 23 January 2018
- Scoping Document of the WG on Communicating for Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Scoping Document of the WG on Global Value Chains
- Scoping Document of the WG on Social Change Beyond Consumerism
- Scoping Document of the WG on Political Economy of Sustainable Consumption and Production
Working Group on Political Economy of Sustainable Consumption and Production
Working Group on Global Value Chains
Working Group on Sustainable Consumption and Production in Cities
Workshops and Conferences
Eugene, Oregon, USA 20-24 June 2018
Abstract of the presentation on the scoping paper of the Working Group on Communicating for Sustainable Consumption and Production
Edmonton, Canada 5-7 March 2018
- Interview with Maurie Cohen: Why sustainable consumption is a critical component on combating climate change in cities
- Interview with Halina Brown: How consumption patterns hinge on changing attitudes toward what makes a good life
Kyoto, Japan 15-16 January 2018
Global Research Forum 3rd International Conference on Sustainable Lifestyles, Livelifoods, and the Circular Economy
Brighton, UK 27-29 June 2017
In the video below, Prof. Maurie Cohen explains briefly about SSCP KAN.
Annapolis, USA May 2017
Prof. Halina Brown made a speech "Thinking About Social Change."
Coordinating Group gathered in Kyoto to further develop the SSCP KAN.
- See "The A of KAN" (coming soon)
Agendas and Slides from webcalls
SSCP KAN's Development Team holds a monthly webcall.
White Paper on International Network-to-Network Collaboration
White Paper prepared for the United States National Science Foundation was submitted on 1 December 2017.
Expression of Interest
An Expression of Interest for the Knowledge Action Network (KAN) on Systems of Sustainable Consumption and Production (SSCP) was submitted to and accepted by the Future Earth Secretariat.
The document outlines the background, key objectives and focal themes of the KAN. It was developed by a group of SCP experts with different disciplinary backgrounds and long experience in practitioner engagement.
Report: An Exploratory Workshop on the Establishment of a Future Earth KAN on Sustainable Consumption and Production
An Exploratory Workshop on the Establishment of a Future Earth Knowledge-Action Network (KAN) on Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) was held on March 2nd and 3rd, 2016 at the Research Institute for Humanity and Nature in Kyoto, Japan, to discuss issues critical to taking first steps in realizing a SCP KAN.
The report presents the details of the input through the presentations and discussion during the two-day workshop, as well as the outputs and proposed steps toward the development of the KAN.